Join us for our 2nd annual Fibre Arts Festival Auction May 17 – 26 2024 at Three Sisters Cultural Centre. During the auction your work will be displayed in the Three Sisters Cultural Centre event space so it needs to be ready for display.
WEFTFest Fibre Art Show & Auction is an Online Art Auction dedicated to the Fibre Arts, that will take place for the duration of WEFTFest May 17 – 26 2024, ending with a cocktail party and live auction streaming event. We will accept all forms of fibre art including quilts, felted sculptural pieces, clothing, fibre art accessories, etc.
This year’s auction is being offered at a 60/40 consignment rate (artist gets 60%). The Three Sisters Cultural Centre will assume all POS fees.
Each art piece will have a Starting Reserve Price determined by you, the Artist. The piece will not be sold for anything less. Your Starting Reserve price should be less than your regular value to encourage bidding.
During the set-up day, a final inspection will be done on your work to see if it is true to your submission, is ready to show and is in good order. The Three Sisters will assume all processing and credit card fees and will take care of shipping if it is required. The purchaser will be responsible for shipping and handling fees and will be charged accordingly by the Three Sisters Cultural Centre.
- Submissions must be the sole work of the artist.
- Artwork must be ready to show and in good order.
- All mediums will be considered, given they are fibre
- Submissions will be accepted at the discretion of the Three Sisters Cultural Centre
- Maximum of three (3) entries per artist
- Submission deadline: 11:59pm March 31 2024
Digital Submission Instructions:
- Submitted images must be between 1-2 MB at 300 dpi
- Artists may send up to 2 images per piece (ie: 1 full shot, 1 detail)
- All images to be labeled as follows: Artist Name-name of piece-medium-size- Value – Reserve Bid Price.jpeg
- Three Sisters Cultural Centre will inform the artist of acceptance within 5 days of submission deadline and 4 days after the auction of a sale.
- Three Sisters Cultural Centre will process all sales and assume all sales fees.
- Three Sisters Cultural Centre will advise artist of sale at end of auction and pay artist within 15 days of successful shipping via e-transfer.
- Artists must deliver accepted pieces ready to hang and/or show between May 8 and May 15
- No changes to title, medium or price allowed after digital submission
- The artist gives Three Sisters Cultural Centre permission to use images of submitted artwork in all related marketing material (including but not limited to web, Internet, social media etc)
- Three Sisters Cultural Centre will credit artist if any of the artist’s images are used in any or all related marketing material (including but not limited to web, Internet, social media etc)
- Three Sisters Cultural Centre reserves the right to cancel the sale if the artwork provided does not reflect the submission, is damaged, or in any way is not ready to be safely displayed.